Monday, March 27, 2017

Lego compatible Brick parts from Block Tech


Hey guys, just wanted to share some finds with you today.   Whenever I go to Walmart, I always stop in at the Toy aisle.  I used to visit the die-cast car aisle to see the latest Hot Wheels, Greenlight and Johnny Lightning die-cast.  I would blog about them on my other blogs http://hwpics.blogspot.com and http://mytoycars.blogspot.com.

These days, I tend to frequent the Lego aisle because my die-cast car collecting has waned.  So as I'm wandering down the aisle, I see these new Lego compatible building blocks called Block Tech.

There's quite a large assortment as you can see from my picture above.  Each box contains 250 brick pieces and they come in several colours.  They have a box that contains all black pieces and another box that contains all white pieces.  

Other boxes contain brick pieces that come in three shades of colour.  For example, the gray box has light gray brick pieces, dark gray pieces, and pieces that are the older Lego gray colour.  Other boxes that have coloured pieces also come in three different hues.



Here's a close-up look at one of the Block Tech building block sets.

Hete's some more colours in brown and blue shades.

There are even specialized parts sets such as vehicle wheels, trees, shrubs and flowers and even windows and door sets.   All of the sets listed cost $9.97 CDN before tax.  That's around $6 or $7 USD per box of 250 pieces.

Block Tech also makes some baseplates but these are 20x20 studs, not the more commonly used 16x32 or 32x32.  There are two plates per package and they sell for $2.97 CDN, or about $2 USD.


I bought a gray colour assortment of bricks and a box of all white bricks.  Here's the front of the gray box.

Here's the back of the box of gray Lego compatible pieces.

Here's how the building bricks are packaged.  They have different size pieces, and shapes, such as bricks, blocks and plates.   I used the gray Block Tech bricks for the recent mods I made to my custom 14 stud wide modular building.  Go on over to my other blog Its-Not-Lego to check it out.   I used them for the the foundation, and floor supports and the clutch of the bricks is excellent.  I haven't opened up my box of white brick pieces yet, but plan on using them for other Mocs or Mods soon.

I'm not sure if these can be found in the USA or other countries.  Let me know if you've seen or used these bricks and if you liked them or not.


Brand: Block Tech
Model: Assortment of Lego compatible black, white and coloured brick parts.
Number of pieces: 250 per box
Price: about $10 CDN or  $7 USD, baseplates about $3 CDN or $2 USD.

6 comments:

  1. We get Block Tech in Australia but they are sets rather than loose bricks. Last weekend I also spotted Weagle sets which appear to be the same as Block Tech (very similar packaging and set designs). I believe the bricks OEM is Woma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked a couple of Walmarts in Houston, TX and no such sets of loose bricks in the stores, but their website has a couple of Block Tech branded building sets on it, but not as such low pricing. I have seen the brand in Dollar General stores before, but they're small (like under 50 to 75 pieces) building kits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big lots carries them along with sets but on limited options and amounts. They're great just wish have them as easily available as in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw some sets and box of parts in Big Lots and once time I found a small set in Target in Miami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Menards sells these also

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does anyone know of instructions for theses sets? The large red plastic container that mine came in has no instructions for building things. It looks like pieces similar to what you could use to build airplane and boats.

    ReplyDelete