Monday, June 19, 2017

Hostel moves into not Lego Lepin 15002 Cafe Corner - Updates!

Last month, I showed you some changes I made to the main floor of the not Lego Lepin 15002 Cafe Corner.  If you recall, I turned the empty space into the new home of the Hsanhe Sweet Shop.   In this blog post, I will show you my modifications to the second and third floors of the Cafe Corner building.


Outside the building, there is this huge white and red sign that used to announce that there was a Hotel on the premises.  Unfortunately, the Lepin and Lego Cafe Corner buildings were never really furnished inside.  I thought about whether or not it was feasible to make a hotel inside the Cafe Corner building.  I have seen some excellent examples of other people being able to pull off the feat, but I thought that the building is too small to be a hotel.

I decided that it could house a Hostel instead of a Hotel.  You could simply just have some bunk beds and it could be really sparsely furnished.   So the first thing I did was to see if I could change the signage outside to say HOSTEL from HOTEL.   I needed to simply add an S to the word.  I had just enough red translucent bricks to make the S, but it was a challenge to figure out how to incorporate it into the existing sign.  After a few failed attempts, I finally made it work as you can see from the picture above.


When I posted the picture of my Hostel/Cafe Corner on Facebook, Rick Downell gave me the inspiration to incorporate a couple of backpacker minifigures.  I don't really have any nice ones, so I just kind of made some guys who looked like they might be hikers.

Here's the two guys coming to stay at the Hostel.

With their giant packs, let's hope the backpackers can make it into the stairwell leading to the Hostel which is located on the second and third floor of the Cafe Corner building.


Time to check in at the reception desk.  You can help yourself to free fruit, and drinks from the small fridge.  If you need to check the Internet, there's a computer desk too.


No comments:

Post a Comment